Sunday 21 August 2016

Avalanche Peak Chat

Our walk in Arthur's Pass National Park, in the form of dialogue excerpts.

"Hey, let's go on this 6-8 hour walk up the side of the mountain and back down"
...
"Before I give you that guide, I have to ask... Do you have crampons and ice axes?"
...
"We've not had much snow this winter, so you should be able to get up to the edge of the bush line and back down, but stick to the paths and be sensible."
...
"You know how we said we were going up the side of the mountain? I didn't think it would be this much up."
...
"oo there's snow!" "oo there's a pretty view!" "oo more snow" "oo another pretty view" "oo the snow is getting deeper"
...
"Getting up this track is pretty slippy, but I think getting down will be even worse. But that's a problem for after a cheese sandwich."
...
"10/10 lunch spot"
...
"There's no snow on the rock ledges, let's climb higher"
...
"That's the top just there... oh wait..."
...
"We're almost at the edge of the bush line...oh wait..."
...
"I don't think the views will get any better if we climb any higher."
...
"Yeah, I was going to suggest a controlled slide down."
...
"These bridges were near the start, right?"


...
"I'm bored of going downhill"
...
"You know how we were going to climb up to that waterfall afterwards. I don't think I can be bothered."
...
"Those bridges weren't near the start."
...
"Yay, the bottom. Let's just have a kitkat"
...
"You should definitely go to the waterfall viewing platform, it's only 20 minutes!"
...
"You know when I said I couldn't be bothered to climb to the waterfall. I was right."
...

"Ok. It was worth it."


No comments:

Post a Comment