Friday 25 March 2011

Queen's Guide Meeting

So along with everything else in my life right now, I'm also doing my Queen's Guide Award. I've done a fair amount of it so far, gotta finish my skill (juggling), my community service bit (helping in a SEN school), my exploration (which is what this post is really about) and I need to sort something out for my working group/committee thing (which is a pain in the backside, and might be covered by YELL but not sure yet). 


So, my exploration - I'm doing it with two of my friends, Jess and Rach. We were hoping to do it last summer, but things got in the way, like Jess disappearing off on a GOLD trip =P so it's happening this summer, definitely happening! 


We had our first meeting a couple of weeks ago, and our second last night. 
Decisions made:
Date: end of July
Location: Snowdonia
People going: Me, Jess, Rach, Drea, Susan (?), Eleanor (?). 


Decisions yet to make: 
Purpose
Accommodation
Travel
Activities


It's getting there! Last nights meeting was a bit of an epic, 2.5 hours long - we were shattered by the end of it! We're doing it all online as we're all in different places at the minute, I'm not sure whether that's easier or not right now - we'll see! 


Next meeting is next Thursday, and we've got to have thought about our purpose and done some other bits and pieces, which should be good :) 


Back to uni work again though, I'd love to be able to do Guiding as a full time job, but that's not going to happen just yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment