Wednesday 21 September 2011

Week 3...

Well guys, I've been out here for over three weeks now - it's gone so fast! And it's been an entire week since I blogged (sorry mum!) so here I am to catch you up on everything!! 

When I last blogged, I was heading off to see a Bollywood Movie - it was awesome! almost half of it was in English, so I understood everything pretty much and it was very funny. We went out for dinner after that which was yummy! 
The next day I officially finished my training, which unfortunately meant we had to have Ana and Amina's (and Robyn's) leaving ceremony! I only spent two and a half weeks with them, but it was a fun time, and I learnt loads from them whilst they were here, so if you're reading either of you, thank you!! 

I had the weekend off, and spent a very enjoyable weekend doing not a lot! Lots of the Tare (and some of the other staff too) have been ill recently (I've managed to avoid it so far!) so it was a general recovery weekend for everyone - amazing! Will do more in the future, but sometimes I like sitting around not doing much. I did get my washing done though, which is good because I was running out of underwear! 

The rest of this week has been fairly same same, as they say here in India... lots of preparing for events, the one starting on Friday and future events, some sitting on reception, some data entry... 

Today was a little different though, we had event prep first thing, then 11.30 we had an event briefing, followed by 2pm Video Training, followed by 3.30pm Team Building, and 4.30 was Robyn's farewell party, which was a very emotional time for her, but she read a speech out in Marathi to the local staff which was lovely - I have NO idea what she said, but she got on so well with the local staff - they were all in tears to see her go! She's got a few more days at work though, they just happen to be during an event, so this was the best time to say goodbye! 

Oh and my social calendar has been looking up recently - Monday night, Ellen and I headed to Kirti and Karmanie's (I apologise for my spelling which is undoubtedly wrong.) to have dinner cooked by the pair of them. They're sisters who have a really strong link with Sangam, they helped set up the guide unit here, the campsite is named after their parents, their brother is married to an ex-programme manager, and Kirti is the yoga teacher! So that was really fun, to get to sit and chat with them... 
Tuesday night, we went out for dinner at a Western restaurant, I had proper pasta which was very exciting!! 
Tonight is Wednesday, and I went out with Claire and Heidi for a bit of shopping which was lots of fun, but we're all shattered now!! 

I've also got a couple of weekends booked off to head out and do stuff with - the first one I'm definitely going to Mumbai with Claire, so that will be fun :D after that, who knows... I think I've also got some time booked off to do something with Aleia and Ellen, but I am not entirely sure on the plans there - I'll let them organise and tell me what I'm doing!! 

So there you go - I think that's pretty much everything! I'm having a fantastic time, and I can't believe time is flying soooo quickly!! Next event starts Friday, 19 Australians - it's going to be crazy - can't wait!! 

PS there's been a request for a picture of me in my sari - I'll get it up soon, but I need to steal a photo off someone!! Maybe tomorrow on my day off :) 

1 comment:

  1. I am loving this blog Bob so keep it up, I am very jealous and in awe of you and everything you are doing! Think of us all here in cold gloomy England and then say 'sucks to be you' out loud or in your head (depending on where you are)! Can't wait for the next entry my love, Kat x x x

    ReplyDelete