Thursday 1 September 2011

Work Time

I've had two days of work now - including today which has been an epically long meeting, so I apologise for any spelling / grammar / general failures in this blog - it's 9.30pm and I really need to be in bed - but I wanted to blog =P

Day 1
The first day of work consisted of general intros to Sangam, so Ellen and I had our first 9am meeting, with all the Sangam staff (well not ALLL of them, but lots of them!), and then we had a programme team meeting, and then a meeting just for us, to make sure we knew all the regulations in Sangam, and lots of other stuff that's important... then we had some lunch, and after that, we had a intro to WAGGGS - all exciting things... then we had a meeting with Sophie and Aleia, who are the other SVs (sangam volunteers) who will be working with us until the end of October, when two others arrive. This meeting was about the upcoming event, giving us a brief overview of what was going to happen. Then we had some dinner, and then we had a tour of Sangam, including the history of the building, and then we got to rest, and Claire (who's a Tare - community volunteer) brought me some much appreciated sweets from the shop! 

Day 2
This was today, it started with COMPULSORY 7am yoga - it's compulsory for me and Ellen during our first event, and then after that, we can choose. This was followed by breakfast, and the 9am meeting again. Then we had to wait for a while for Katy! Katy is from WAGGGS, and she's helping us run the event/seminar that's starting tomorrow. She's from the UK and she'd only got to Sangam at 6am, so she was having a bit of a sleep, which is fair enough! so we cracked on with organising some bits and pieces that needed doing. Then Katy arrived and we spent the rest of the day until dinner time pretty much in a meeting discussing the seminar in some serious details. It's good that we know all the info, but because we hardly knew anything before the meeting, it was lots to take in. We had occasional breaks for silly games to break up the monotany, and we had all of Sangams many breaks..(elevenses, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner) 

This evening, my brain was dead, so I played a game of Sanguno, and then tried to use my laptop to check my e-mails - that failed again, so I came back to the programme room to use their computers - best idea ever =P 

But now I think it's bed time - the event starts tomorrow, officially at 12.30pm, so I think there will be lots of running around getting final things sorted in the morning, and of course there's 7am yoga - I can't wait! 

Really looking forward to the seminar though - after all of our meetings and the hard work that all the Sangam team have clearly put into it before I arrived, it should be AMAZING.

No comments:

Post a Comment