Sunday 30 October 2011

Goodbye...

So Sophie and Aleia left on Friday. They've been here since I got here, they were the ones to teach me how to do my job, I worked with them almost every day, we worked together almost every day. We shared an office, we sang together, we laughed together, we Gecko-ed together (this will make no sense, and I don't intend to explain it =P ). 

And yet somehow, it wasn't until their last week here that I really got to know them. I think because I began my term sharing a dorm with the Tare, and because Ellen and I came half way through their term and replaced Ana and Amina, who had been with them from the start, there was almost a divide between us. Not an unpleasant divide, and not an awkward divide, but somehow, it felt like it was "Sophie and Aleia" and "Net and Ellen". In the last week, this changed. Maybe this was partly because the Tare were away, and there were less of us around, and so we talked more. Maybe this was because they opened up to us about their feelings about leaving. Who knows. But it was awesome, and made me really really wish they were staying longer. 

Sophie is from the UK, so I'll definitely get to see her again, and Aleia is Mexican, so going to see Our Cabana and Aleia in the same trip just gives me a double reason to head over the Atlantic! 

I had Friday off, I spent it creating crazy decorations for Claire's bedroom, because, well why not?! 

Saturday was the busiest, hardest days work ever. Not. Christa, the other SVs and I headed to MG Road to plan our "Explore MG Road" session. We wandered the street, found Thomas Cook, wandered down the other side of the street, went into a few shops along the way, then we stopped to have a drink at Barista. After this, we slowly meandered down another street, Christa pointed out a few restaurants that we didn't know about, and then we stopped in one for lunch, joined by Gwen and Heidi. 

After lunch we headed back to Sangam, did a couple of jobs, had my mid-way evaluation, and then finished for the day. I decided that swimming was more fun than working =P 

Today, I found some jobs to do, worked hard doing them, and now I'm waiting for the participants to arrive. We thought they were going to be here at 4, but they are actually arriving at 6!! Nightmare, changes all our plans!! 

Never mind, we'll be strong! I'm off to have an emergency meeting now - oh the joys!! 

(PS Philippa, you just lost the game, and you're not particularly awesome! =P)

No comments:

Post a Comment