Thursday 13 October 2011

Poorly Net

Well everyone, once again I am blogging. I know you're all shocked. This is the second time in a week! Feel free to sit down :P

After my two days with mornings off, I decided that just wasn't enough time, and I got ill, to give myself another couple of days off!!

Tuesday afternoon found Sangam swarmed by 50 local scouts and 10 local guides. The participants ran activities for them, we fed them, and we were going to let them have a campfire and sleep in the campsite... until Mr Rain came, along with its friends, Thunder and Lightning! so we quickly ran from the dry kitchen shelter, through the wet campsite, to set up the indoor campfire, and got all the kids inside. We had a good traditional sing song, with songs from all over the place, and it sounded like they were having a lovely time! I didn't stay in there for very long, as I had preparation for the next day to do (and good job I did it!) and also I was helping Jessica and Philippa move all of their stuff from the dorm to the Guide House, so that the guides could sleep in their dorm for that night! The scouts slept in the hall.
Sophie and Gwen had the lovely job of getting up and getting all the kids out to school in the morning, at 5.45am! Luckily, I didn't have to get up, and I actually don't think I could have done.

Whilst attempting to prepare my session, I start feeling very tired and not quite right. I soon took myself off to bed, where I tried to sleep but generally failed until 11.30ish. I woke up at 7am the next day with a fever, and shaking. Unsurprisingly, I didn't get out of bed that morning. Sophie very kindly ran my session for me (so as I said before, good job I had managed to plan it!), and Claire lent me her laptop with all her movies on it, so I watched the classics... 10 Things I Hate About You and How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days! The afternoon was very similar, although I went and sat in the garden for a bit of air for an hour or so before needing to go back to bed. I managed to get out of bed for dinner, and had some very yummy meatballs, before needing to go back to bed! Then I wandered downstairs and around the 1960's wide game for a bit, which looked very cool and I wish I could have enjoyed it more. I also watched Notting Hill during the evening!

I woke up this morning feeling LOTS better, but not well enough to do my actual activity of going to the caves, in the heat of the day, with lots of walking, so I spent a little time in bed, but then got very bored of my bedroom, and decided to go do some work. I cracked out another video (see here and here for the two I've made so far) and also sorted out another session for Sunday morning. I also managed to have a couple of naps and do some washing. I smashed my head on the ceiling in the laundry (low ceiling, I haven't grown) and gave myself a massive headache, on top of not feeling 100% which wasn't very clever! but I slept it off, so that was good!
Also had a meeting about the birthday on Sunday, it's SOOO exciting!! Mostly because by 8.30am I will already have watched the sun rise from the top of the water tower, and ridden an elephant. What are YOU doing on Sunday?!

I'm feeling loads better now and I was technically scheduled to have tomorrow off, but I think I might go and do some work seeing as I have had two days of basically doing nothing already! I might even make ANOTHER video! and sort out my final session for this event, and maybe even start planning for the next! As I was meant to be off tomorrow, I am not scheduled to do anything, so I have a fun day of picking what I want to do, and generally being helpful if other people need stuff done. These are my favourite kind of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment