Sunday 4 December 2011

The Beginning of The End.

So I haven't updated for a while. If you'd like to know what's been going on in my world then I suggest you check out Jessica's blog and these links:

She's much better at writing than I am, and I don't have any particular inspiration or desire to re-write what she has already written very fluently! But in brief, we had a very very cool seminar based on how to advocate, and specifically how to advocate about HIV/AIDS. There were 21 participants from 10 different countries and they loved it. We had some fantastic feedback and it was a brilliant way to end my time here at Sangam.

And that end is actually what I want to talk about in this blog.

Whenever I've been on camp, or away for a while, and my mum comes to pick me up, I spend the whole car journey home talking basically non stop about everything that happens. My poor mum has to listen to basically an hour by hour account of everything that happened, every minor incident, everything that made me laugh, everything that everyone else did, you name it, my mum has to listen to it.

So in two weeks time, I fly back to Heathrow. My mum will come to pick me up. We'll drive back to Mark's, and then the day after, back to Leicester. I'll sit down in that car, and ... well where will I even begin to describe the three months here? How will I explain everything I've done? Everything I've seen?

During my last two weeks of work here, as there is no event on, and also no event coming up until 21st December, I will be focusing on my final evaluations and presentation. Again - how do I fit 3 months into a 5 minute presentation? Even my dissertation presentation was longer than that!!

I'm sure I will talk to my mum non stop, I'm sure I'll manage to fit everything into 5 minutes, but it just blows my mind right now when I try and comprehend everything I've done so far, and everything I've learnt, and everything it's meant to me. But right now, it's the beginning of the end...

No comments:

Post a Comment