Sunday 18 December 2011

India - the last two weeks

So, I'm home now, but I still have two blog posts left to write about this adventure, or at least two blog posts planned. Firstly, this one, about my last two weeks in India. Secondly, coming up soon, Reverse Culture Shock! 

Well the last two weeks were a bit of a blur, of final evaluations, leaving parties (mine and other people's). The event finished, life settled back down into a relatively normal routine of work and fun. I somehow seemed to keep picking up new jobs to do right until my final day, I'm not sure how that happened. When Sophie and Aleia were coming to the end of their term, their to do lists got shorter. I think mine got longer!! I didn't finish everything as I would have liked to, but I think I would have needed another month doing just my to do list to get everything sorted properly - I would have also needed the technology to work as I wanted it to, which is more difficult than adding an extra month into my life!!

I also managed to fit a lot of late nights into my last couple of weeks at Sangam. 

There was the night that Jess, Phlip, Ellen and I sat up til 2am putting the world to rights. Then there was the night that we had a laptop party in the staff lounge, everyone else ended up going to bed by midnight, Jess and I were still in there at 2am! There was the night I went to Parvarti Hill with Em, and then crashed out in front of the TV with her. There was the night we sat in the dining room chattering away and making flapjack (English version!). There was my last night, where we went out to Malaka Spice, and then Ellen and I came back to talk to Jen for a bit, and then everyone ended up in our room til 1am. There was Love Actually night -Emily hadn't seen Love Actually before, can you believe it! She loves it now, obviously!! 

There was also a bit of swimming, a bit of shopping, a bit of baking, a bit of posting parcels, and a lot of laughing!

There were far more things that happened during my last two weeks, but as I said at the start, it was such a blur, I'm not sure what happened! They were incredible though, and made me realise what fantastic friends I have there, and how much I love the Sangam family, and my Indian home. 

As I said, the last night, we all went out, it was so good to see everyone there, 17 people came out to say goodbye to us! Then lots of people came and sat in mine and Ellen's bedroom afterwards, chatting, falling asleep, not really wanting to go back to their own rooms, which was awesome. Then I left at 6am, and everyone was there to say goodbye. Jessica, Philippa and Ellen were crying their eyes out, which was very funny for me :P I love you guys! 

The journey back was very boring and long, and England is very cold. I will adjust soon enough! As I said, there'll be another blog post in a couple of days, but for now - just know that I'm home safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment