Sunday 29 July 2012

Five Photos

So I didn't get a chance to blog whilst I was in Finland - it was just too mental! Loads of fun though, and I'm exhausted now, so it's nearly bed time, but just thought I'd give a quick update before I go. Ruth just challenged me to send her my five favourite photos from the trip (and there are quite a few, I'm uploading 92 to facebook as I type, and I've been relatively selective!) so picking just 5 is pretty difficult. I also have to explain why they are my favourites in less than 750 words apparently!! So, here goes! 


So number 1: Me Jess and Sarah - I just love this photo. It was taken at the IST campfire. There was no fire, and there was a guitar, so basically, it wasn't really a campfire. Sarah and I messed around lots, using the long grass to poke people, and trick them into thinking it was a mosquito! Brilliant! I also don't have that many group photos from the week, they all seem to be on other people's cameras, so this is the closest I have got of a nice shot of multiple people! 



Number 2: The Boots by the lake - This photo is just Roverway 2012. scouting, lake, trees, it's awesome. Nuff Said. 



Number 3: This was one of my favourite things about Roverway - the random messages that kept appearing! At the start of the camp we had these - free compliments! Later on, people wrote nice messages, and they got stuck on the inside of the toilet doors, to provide some entertainment for "those lonely moments". They really amused me, and I definitely think I want to bring in something similar for my camp next year!



Number 4: This was at the main stage one night - a band was playing, and a whole load of the guides/scouts pulled their neckers off their neckers and started swinging them whilst dancing - which let me get some pretty cool photos, including this one.



Number 5: My last night at Roverway - my team jumped into canoes, paddled across the lake, and went to a sauna on a university campus, which included this beautiful lake. We had a BBQ whilst the sun was setting, and then wandered back to our canoes and paddled back to the party, feeling a lot cleaner than anyone else on site!! 


Done in less than 300 words. I'll write more when I'm more awake, but right now, it's sleep time!!

Net x

1 comment:

  1. You were falling asleep and needed something to focus on. Good job!

    ReplyDelete