Wednesday 18 July 2012

Short Updates

So it's packing time. Have a short timed update blog from me. Basically these are all the facebook statuses I want to write, but know I shouldn't, because I'll drive everyone crazy! 

18.25 - I love Fridays - especially when they're actually Wednesday disguised as Fridays. Finland here I come! (after packing, booking a coach, repacking, sleeping, buying insect repellent and Euros... y'know, those last minute things!)

18.50 - Just got my rucksack out from under my bed... it's a start right?! Can anyone explain why it STILL smells of smoke? The last time I went camping was the briefing weekend, and it didn't smell of smoke before I started!!

19.05 - So I'm packing and dancing away, and the macarena comes on - brilliant - turn that up... then. Wait. Nooooo run away. It's the smurf version!!

19.10 - Brief pause to write fun things on the IST facebook group, and to have girl chat with a friend. Necessary! You'll be glad to know I have enough underwear to last the whole trip, and a couple of days when I get back - I'm glad to know this anyway - I was concerned about the potential of having to do washing tonight as well as everything else! 

19.18 - scrap that plan. washing has to happen anyway. Forgot I went to Go Ape in my crags at the weekend. Definitely not passable as clean, and I'm going to live in them for 10 days, so might like them to start clean!! 

19.24 - Another stop - this time to phone my mother! I was instructed to call before I left for Finland, so figured I'd better get on it!! 

20.37 - Just back to packing now. Spoke to my mum for a while, and then disappeared to sort out some stuff for the Ranger unit I'm starting up in September, but now I am back and ready to roll... for a while. I may be stopping to book some flights to Switzerland temporarily in a little bit, for my next next Guiding Adventure! But first - sorting my washing out!

20.48 - washing hanging, talking to Jess on facebook chat - she started the conversation with: "on a scale of 1 to a million, how excited are you?!" Excellent. Packing needs to continue now. What's next?! 

21.05 - now there are a few more clothes in the pile on the floor. Just realised I haven't printed flight tickets - minor details! I think I'm already over packing. Never mind, we'll see how it goes!

21.33 - can't find my spare international neckers. Pretty much a disaster. And I stood on a mallet. Hurting lots right now! Putting my fan on - it's getting heated in here! 

22.22 - still haven't found my neckers, and haven't done much since I realised they were missing! Phoned my mother to stress - she said if I still haven't found them when I've finished packing, then to go to CHQ tomorrow and buy some new ones. What a sensible mother. What a faff that sounds like. I hope I find them. 

22.54 - Hand luggage is pretty much packed - including sleeping bag and most of my clothes. Next step - main rucksack. Tent is in, spare shoes are in. Not sure I've got that much more to go in really... 

23.04 - Getting tired! Just opened my new water bottle though, very excited!! Got a new camp plate too and some sporks - just gotta find something to label them all with now, and I've lost my permanent marker and I have no nail varnish... next plan? STICKERS! 

23.14 - Found my permanent markers! Labelled sporks and plate, packed pen so that I can reapply as necessary, as nail polish is looking unlikely. 

23.23 - updates getting more regular as I'm struggling to concentrate on the packing! I think I'm almost there. I feel like I've hardly packed anything, but that's probably because I seriously over pack for weekends... everyone needs to take a Bop It on a weekend camp right? So I end up with 5 bags, and now I only have two. Honestly think I have everything though. Might even have time to go into London tomorrow if I can't find my neckers - that'll be fun! 

23.27 - I think it's bed time now. There are a few things left to pack, but nothing too major - socks, and flip flops, and electrical items. I have lots of space in my main rucksack, which is good because I'm a bit concerned about having a wet tent on the way home!! 

FINLAND SOON - 23 hours and I'll have landed. Crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment