Friday 13 July 2012

Next Adventure...

So my next international Guiding adventure is getting really close! I'm off to Finland in less than a week for Roverway. When I'm there, I'm going to be part of the IST team, in the Catering section, which should be cool. I'm not big on the catering normally, but I'm sure I'll have an awesome time, and I'm looking forward to the challenge :) 

Two weeks ago, I wasn't very excited about Finland, because I hadn't realised JUST HOW CLOSE IT WAS. Now I am very excited! Apparently I'm the last of the Girlguiding UK contingent to arrive in Finland, which is probably a good job, because here's a list of things I have to do for Roverway before I leave:

Things to buy:
- a new water bottle
- a sleeping bag liner
- a rucksack cover
- something that I have definitely forgotten
- British flags etc.

Things to pack:
- Everything

Things to find:
- my passport!
- My EHIC card

Other Stuff to do:
- Work out which bags to take
- Work out how to fit everything into my bag
- Change Pounds to Euros
- Book a coach to the airport

And here's a list of things I am doing before Roverway which don't involve Finland at all:
- Going Ape with my friends that I met at Sangam, including Claire who is Australian and I won't see very much at all!
- Work (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
- Sorting out my new Ranger unit which I'm starting in September
- Talking to the bank about Rangers
- Sorting out the camp for next August that I'm Activities Manager for!

There are probably plenty of other things for me to cram into my week, but I'm really quite excited about Finland, and I'm not sure whether I'm going to be able to concentrate on much else after this weekend! Can't wait to see everyone there, and to get to wear the IST hats! You are all going to be SO jealous when you see the photos of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment