Wednesday 21 September 2016

Aaand Relax.

After a couple of eventful nights in my original hostel in Bangkok (rude staff, vomiting, bleeding, broken air con, screaming - all related to separate incidents across the two nights) I decided it was time to change! I had originally stayed there because it was close to (but not on) the infamous Khao San Road - the biggest party street in Bangkok. I wanted to see what the fuss was about and I wanted somewhere with a good atmosphere. And I got it - the second evening I spent there was jenga and BBQ filled, and really fun!

But it's not really me, so after the experience, I headed to a hostel on the outskirts of Bankok (via river boat and train!) and had the most relaxing day and a half of travelling so far. I did my laundry, I read an entire book in a day. I found a nice quiet cafe. I wrote my diary. I chatted to some fellow travellers. I went to bed. I had an entire 6 person dorm to myself. I had the best nights sleep.

And now I'm off to Pak Chong, which is on the outskirts of the national park. Getting to the bus station was an adventure by itself ("hey look it's really close to this train stop" - I misjudged really close) but once I got to the bus station, the staff were falling over themselves to help me.

I'm very excited by jungle treks and the national park, and the bat cave, and waterfalls, and the very small potential of elephants in the wild. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I really hope I see an elephant!

No comments:

Post a Comment