Monday 5 September 2016

Packing for Hand Luggage

So I'm back in Australia after an incredible few weeks in NZ. As I was about to get on the plane in Auckland, I bought my next ticket. Malaysia on Wednesday night. This was Friday. It's now Tuesday. Not long to go!

Due to having no idea what my plan actually is beyond landing in kuala lumpur, but knowing that I want to do land transport rather than flying (once I get there, obviously!), I've made the potentially insane decision to go hand luggage only. Most of my friends have laughed at this, mostly because they know how much I love to overpack, and honestly, it's been one of the hardest packs ever, even with the fact that I am limited by what I brought to Australia in the first place. The rest of my stuff is being collected today to be sent straight home, meaning I don't have to drag it round Asia with me.

I have packed and repacked my hand luggage bag a few times. Things keep getting added, and things keep getting removed. I have now narrowed it down to:
- 2 pairs of shorts
- A pair of trousers
- Two tshirts (including guide shirt for sangam, and my necker!)
- Underwear/socks (max 4 pairs!)
- Swim wear
- flip flops
- Trainers (super light weight ones which cost nothing if they have to get ditched!)
- My toiletries (under 100ml per item, in a clear plastic bag already)
- A pack of cards
- My kindle, ipad, camera, phone and charger (all in one!)
- towel
- Passport!

I'll also be wearing a pair of trousers, a shirt, a jumper, a scarf (head wear in temples), a rain jacket and my walking boots - the heavy stuff ;-)

It still seems like too much, and also definitely not enough...

Only one way to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment